Last Wednesday, the Measurement Camp Dublin organised by Simply Zesty was back. It was a smaller group than the first time but we had a great time and learned a lot from each other.
After the presentation from Philip Macartney (Bebo) and Matha Rotter (Microsoft) we went straight into three case studies. We picked the last one and the problem to solve was the following:
“A client of yours has a bad reputation online (through forums, blogs etc…) from a revolutionary new music device they developed that is guaranteed to help to send you to sleep. The device – the iNod, is very difficult to use and people have been complaining it goes off at full volume in the middle of the night.
To help combat the problem, the company has released a set of easy-to-use instructional videos that they’d like to distribute online.
How would you measure the success of these videos and what else would your campaign involve? How will you measure the success of the campaign and whether you’ve turned opinion from a negative into a positive?”
The strategy that Dena, Frank, Eoin and I put together, included both: an OFFLINE and an ONLINE front.
With strategies, there’s nothing written in stone so it would be great to get your input to improve the below plan of action. (Thanks again Dena for taking notes!!!)
POS (Point of Sale)
- Video boxes in key retailers constantly playing the video tutorials.
- Reps’ assistance to demonstrate the usability of the product and ensure immediate feedback.
- Dedicated care-line to handle customers’ complaints. We would direct them to the relevant URL of the video tutorial.
- Collate feedback – post viewing of the video too. To find out what customers thought and if the material was useful or how could it be improved.
- Explain that we’ve made a mistake with the user instructions and because we’ve listened to the feedback, we’ve made some instructional videos
- Launch the new videos.
- Key journos – both tech & non-tech specific
- Include some of the more vocal/influential bloggers – be very specific that we’re not trying to “buy” or “fix” their opinion, more that we want to include them because we value their opinion (positive or negative)
- Non-digital & digital version
- Digital version to have embedded videos/link & feedback option
- Already tracking them clearly – continue to do this & monitor what’s being said
- Engage commenters in all forums – acknowledge feedback, answer queries, explain launch of videos and share the link!
- Ensure all comments come from one “person” or character for synergy
- Direct users to video URL or embed the videos where possible
- Videos front & centre so that they can’t be missed. There would be a clear space to make comments and a “share this” button.
- SEO campaign to ensure that the iNod site is always top of lists for specific search results (postive and negative keywords)
- Videos should include a call-to-action to compel viewers to give feedback
- Poll Daddy poll?
- Useful versus not useful?
- Rate this?
- Email campaign – make use of existing database (Acknowledge the issue & offer help & advice)
Good post? come on, share your comments below! We’d love to hear your thoughts about this campaign!
Follow Fred on: