Last week we made the special announcement on our Facebook page that Channelship became a Techhub member. We where then invited to an informal chat with Jimmy Wales, the father of Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia.
This is part of a new cool initiative by Techhub called “Start-up stories“: a series of talks with known entrepreneurs, sharing with us how they started and how they made it.
It was a 1-hour, very relaxed chat but we captured 14 powerful minutes in the video 🙂
Because the group was fortunately small, we had room for Q&A. I picked Frank Bradley‘s question for Jimmy (Minute 12:15).
In the video Jimmy shares:
- How he started and what he did do for a living before Wikipedia
- Why his first two-year attempt failed
- The uniqueness of Wikipedia
- What can you learn about how Wikipedia is being used?
- My question (by @FrankBradley) “Do you see an ad-supported Wikipedia in the future?”