The year is about to finish and again, we managed to accumulate another big pile of business cards. There are several solutions to tackle that problem such as CRMs, business diaries, even card scanners. However, do you know what was missing until now? A smart integration with our LinkedIn contacts!
Yesterday I started using the free Cardmunch app, built by the LinkedIn team. Here’s how it saves you time:
* Scan the business card (like in the picture) and if you’re happy, upload it.
* The app will process the data on the card and match it with the same person’s LinkedIn contact!
* Finally, you will get a record of the card at the very top of the contact page and if you scroll down you will see more valuable information about the professional plus all connections in common.
* You can also add notes for each card.
* From now on, all business cards travel with you and every time you pull one, you will get a lot more than a piece of paper 🙂
Have a look at Cardmunch in action:
Note: This new iteration of the app went live yesterday. Currently, it’s only available for iPhone and in the following countries: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK and US.
Have you tried it? What do you think?